Friday, October 21, 2011

LOTS of eggs

In April I refreshed my flock of chickens and bought 24 of my favorite breeds. 12 Barred Rocks and 12 Americana. The barred rocks lay brown eggs and the Americanas  lay blue/green "Easter Eggs". Jordan(5) was over yesterday and we were working outside and he went to get the eggs. I explained to him why some were brown and some were green "Easter eggs". I was working in the garden and he came back, after I had asked him to set the eggs on the porch. He had 1 green egg in his hand. After seriously examining the egg for about 5 minutes, he asks, "Gramma, is there CANDY in these Easter eggs?" For snack he wanted scrambled eggs. MY kind of guy!

Any way, lots of eggs. So This is rapidly becoming one of our favorite meals:
Eggs, potatoes, cheese, onions, peppers, what ever you want to "pile" on there. 
I bake the potatoes, and then just flatten them with a potato masher. Fry the eggs, and top with your favorites. We like, cheese, onions, peppers, salsa, tomatoes, what ever is out in the garden at the time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment